Please use recording option to fill out recorded questions
Senior IT project manager/Director/ ownership opportunity
12 year old specialty IT company with long term government contracts seeks a committed professional to join our seasoned management team to take the reigns from one of our retiring principals.
We are looking for an experienced manager/network engineer who can lead a diverse team of engineers and managers to take responsibility for the successful completion of multiple field projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for every phase of varied projects from blueprints to sign off. This manager will interface and coordinate with government officials, subcontractors, vendors as well as our internal teams.
This position will lead to a project director role within 12 months
Responsibilities include: (To understand so you can teach and review engineers work)
- Review Blueprints, Create production schedules, purchasing plans, install schedules, QA plans, and logistics plans.
- Manage and track against milestones, scope, daily tasks and deliveries across multiple projects/assignments simultaneously in accordance with the approved schedules and budgets.
- Scope technical requirements and deliver ‘as-built’ technical documentation and status reports.
- Problem solve unique project challenges, course-correct team performance, and facilitate decision making for issue resolution and consensus among the team members.
- Collaborate with and manage outside project vendors the client communications, members of the internal; technology teams, and senior leadership teams.
- Manage and Leverage technical acumen and emotional intelligence to understand and communicate client needs while taking ownership of all aspects of project delivery.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit / act on client feedback.
- Be proactive about anticipating opportunities and risks, addressing them strategically without compromising project goals.
- Be a leader of a culture of continuous optimization of workflow and processes.
- Support projects through completion, will require travel to install locations throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC during business hours Mon-Fri.
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality on specification operational systems on time and on schedule.
- Demonstrate natural leadership that easily commands the respect team members, builds trusted relationships with senior management and cements trust based on experience with the clients.
- BA/BS. required CCNA/PNP or equivalent.
- Experience installing and configuring Cisco switches and routers.
- Experienced and understands inter VLAN routing environments.
- Experienced with printer configuration in an IP environment using IP printing and Hostname Printing.
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems and ability to design and document both logical and physical networks.
- 2-6 years hands-on technology project management experience in construction/Network infrastructure/Data room buildouts. or A well-rounded understanding of different technologies and strong oral and written communication skills about technical subject matter
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong familiarity with standard technical project management tools and methodologies
- Client facing experience with a polished, professional, confident demeanor and enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all deliverables
- Genuinely enjoy organizing, planning, contingencies, and details; frequently described as someone who pays attention to detail, is always on top of it, over-prepared, and super organized.
- Agile and experienced working in a changing environment, able to cope with stressful situations and multi-task high-detail work for multiple projects and assignments effectively
- Demonstrates personal ownership/accountability of immediate responsibilities, prioritizes effectively, takes proactive measures, and jumps into any role to ensure project success; a strong team player mentality with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A problem-solver and an analytical thinker that enjoys rising to, and solving, project challenges.
- Enthusiastic spirit and passion for leading a cross-functional, multi-cultural project team.
- Driven to improve work product quality, budget conscious, and able to effectively deliver successful high-revenue projects
This is a full-time position with growth and ownership potential in on-going government contracts. We have a fulfilling, fun, relaxed company culture with growing talented, dedicated teams. We provide a flexible environment with access to the latest technology (Connectwise, O-365. Cisco, IPDVS), the collective ability to pull-off the most ambitious projects, and an opportunity for quick growth within the organization for a strong leader type with initiative. We provide standard PTO and paid holidays..
Submit cover letter and resume. Must be currently living in the Greater New York City area; payment for relocation is not offered. Please, no phone calls and no recruiters.
Job Type: Full-time
- CCNA Routing and Switching (Required)