Summary/ Objective: The OLTC Technician is responsible for preparing equipment and job sites, as well as perform basic OLTC installation, maintenance, trouble-shooting, testing & repairs independently. Additionally, this position will assist the Transformer Field Service Team during service activities / functions – such as installation, maintenance, trouble-shooting, testing & repairs.
- Must be able to travel 80-90% of the time
- Close collaboration with and technical support of the OLTC & Transformer Field Service Team
- Assembly of transformer and components
- Assist in all craft classifications
- Set-up / operation of Processing Trailer
- Set-up / operation of oil testing equipment
- Set-up / operation of OLTC & transformer testing equipment
- Perform all aspects of control cabinet installation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Compilation of periodic reports (i.e. timesheets, expense reports, job information, customer information, KPI’s, etc.)
- Responsible for personal development to advance knowledge and experience of the OLTC Service Field
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education & Training:
- GED or High School diploma
- Millwright, Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Construction, Fabrication and Heavy Equipment exp.
- Minimum of 3 years of OLTC and/or Transformer Field Service experience in the utility / electrical energy industry
- Knowledge including hands-on experience and a basic understanding of the operations of power transformer oil processing equipment including the performance of vacuum, oil filing, circulating and draining
- Knowledge to read, understand and interpret general arrangement drawings, electrical prints and one line diagrams as well as test data
- Communication Proficiency
- Mechanical skills
- A high level of motivation and the ability to work independently
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Flexibility & willingness to travel (95%)
- Stress Management/Composure
- A team player mentality
- Familiarity to work with the MS Office suite
- Class A CDL operator’s license required
- OSHA 30
- First Aid, CPR, Blood Bourne Pathogens
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue
- Substation Awareness
- Fork Truck & Man Lift (aerial lift)
Work Environment: This role is primarily a traveling, outside maintenance position. Off-site work at customer sites will be required causing exposure to extreme environment elements & conditions such as heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
Physical Demands: This is largely a physical role with frequent need for handling and lifting of equipment to repair, test, & assemble. Climbing, walking, kneeling, bending, and lifting is necessary. Ability to lift a minimum of 35 – 60 lbs is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This position works “as needed”. Work days and hours will depend on the specifics of the job, as well as the amount of hours worked in a day/week.
Travel: This position is 95% travel with overnight travel expected.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable): Legal authorization to work in the United States
AAP/ EEO Statement:
Reinhausen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reinhausen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- OLTC and/or Transformer Service: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- TWIC (Preferred)
- Class A CDL (Required)
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue (Preferred)
- First Aid and CPR (Preferred)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (Preferred)
- Passport (Required)
- Fork Truck & Man Lift (aerial lift) (Preferred)
- Substation Awareness (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)