The Consumer Loan Credit Officer II makes credit decisions on complex loan requests within the lending limits, evaluates applicants’ credit needs by analyzing loan requests that fall outside of the system business rules and/or the loan approval matrix and effectively communicates with members and dealers regarding loan requests. Also coaches and provides feedback to loan officers on lending policy, procedures, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and decisions loan applications falling outside the loan approval matrix and/or
predetermined system business rules.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on complex loan requests falling outside of the Consumer
Credit Officer II lending authority to a Senior Credit Officer and/or the Manager of Consumer
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate a borrowers overall credit worthiness and extend an approval or
counter-offer within LFCU’s risk tolerance
- Maintains standards in loan quality, member service, and audit integrity and compliance areas.
- Provides advice and assistance to members and employees on budget counseling,
consolidations, pay methods, and other areas relating to their financial needs. Explains reasons
for denial and explores options for members when loans are denied.
- Inputs applications, completes decision process, sets up funding instructions, and submits files
- Ensures loans are reviewed, decisioned, and processed within established LFCU policies and
procedures, as well as federal and state guidelines.
- Troubleshoots problem loans submitted by various delivery channels and collaborates with
management and staff to resolve issues.
- Contributes to evaluating and recommending improvements to department functions (LOS,
processes, policy, etc)
- Coaches and mentors FSO/LPC Loan Officers on the loan interview process, application
development and cross-sell opportunities.
- Provides feedback to the Consumer Lending Underwriting Manager about individual loan officers’
- Develops and utilizes resources to identify, prevent, and correct all areas of loan quality,
FSO/LPC Loan Officer training, and account integrity.
- Assists internal and external members with loan and underwriting issues.
- Assists in the development of new programs and methods to improve member services and
reduce costs and implements new loan products and services in accordance with management
- Reviews LFCU membership application exception requests on a case by case basis to determine
if the applicant should be approved for membership
- Provides prompt, efficient, and courteous service to both members and co-workers.
- Reviews funded loans and prepares assessments as directed by management.
- Cross-sells products and services offered at the credit union, when appropriate
- Assists in validating and developing policies and procedures in line with Credit Union strategic
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently reports to work on time, as scheduled
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Must have a minimum of four years experience in a financial institution in a consumer loan officer or
underwriter capacity dealing with direct and indirect loans, credit cards, and personal loans with
progressive limits. Must also have a thorough understanding of credit reports and how to interpret the
data. A Bachelors’ Degree as well as experience with the following is preferred:
- MS Office Suite of Products
- Symitar (Episys)
- Meridian Link
- Dealer Track
- Knowledge of NCUA regulations, consumer lending, indirect lending, loan collection concepts,
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.