The Director of Finance is responsible for the day-to-day management of all financial operations and is a liaison between all of the other services of the organization. The Director of Finance is hired and evaluated by the CFO and may, from time to time, be delegated certain authorities and responsibilities by the CEO or CFO. The Director of Finance shall be given the authority to delegate duties and responsibilities to HMS employees within the finance department as he/she deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITES
- Organization and maintenance of financial accounting systems.
- Responsible for overseeing purchasing, accounts payable, general ledger, employee payroll, cash disbursements, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations and tax information.
- Supervision of the accounting staff.
- Develops and plans department objectives with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and staff including short and long range goals.
- Directs financial accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Ensures timely payment of current liabilities to creditors, proper recording of cash receipts and recording of fixed assets.
- Works with CFO to develop and approve financial statements.
- Develops and monitors the internal audit program to ensure internal financial controls.
- Oversees the annual financial audit and any other special audits.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the annual capital and administrative budgets as well as financial policies of HMS.
- Assists the CFO and other management staff in the preparation of major clinic financial reports.
- Reviews and recommends new operating procedures.
- Performs annual performance evaluations for finance staff.
- Attends a variety of meetings with management and department staff to review and discuss financial matters.
- Maintains strictest of confidentiality.
- Assists the CFO with the preparation of HMS required reports
- Assists with training of new personnel in accounting tasks.
- Adheres to and enforces all safety requirements as described by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts