The Paralegal provides paraprofessional legal support to attorneys through in all stages of the litigation and pre-litigation process to ensure timely management and progression of the file while striving to exceed our client expectations through diligence and efficiencies.
- Electronic and physical organization and summation of voluminous documentation;
- Preparation of legal documentation to include, but not limited to, notices, pleadings, motions, discovery, subpoenas and correspondence as directed by the attorney;
- Preparing and process third-party document requests via correspondence and/or through preparation and processing of Subpoenas;
- Preparation of materials, exhibits and documentation for depositions, examinations, hearings and/or trials;
- Conduct investigations including interviews, statements and/or obtaining documents as directed by attorney;
- Conduct document and person database searches through internal and external databases and systems and identify relevant fact information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems including, but not limited to, word processing, electronic and physical records management;
- Basic knowledge of office equipment and ability to interpret manuals, instruction forms and directions;
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, internet and research programs;
- Knowledge of principals and processes for providing customer and personnel services;
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with others;
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts and processes;
- Knowledge of legal terminology;
- Legal research;
- Interpretation of legal documents;
- Ability to interpret statutes and policies;
- Knowledge of court procedures;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written);
- Advanced organizational skills;
- Advanced time management skills and ability prioritize assignments for self and others.
- EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING: *
Two years of related experience in a legal setting;
Paralegal certification preferred.
The Paralegal may be required to sit for extended periods of time, extensive use of telephones, computer including keyboard and mouse, interact with office machinery, requires occasional lifting of supplies or materials, requires communication and frequent interaction with individuals or teams in person, by telephone or otherwise, requires occasional dealing with unpleasant, angry or discourteous individuals, requires repeating physical or mental activities, requires coordinating with, directing, or leading others, requires concern of others with regard to health, safety and security, requires assumed responsibility for work product, outcomes and results, requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Job Type: Full-time