BAE Systems FAST Labs™ is seeking an RF Systems Engineer to work in our Lexington, MA; Burlington, MA; or Merrimack, NH locations.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs™ collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you’ll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing. Many engineers at FAST Labs™ have made significant contributions to projects for the nation’s most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, NRL, and Air Force Research Labs. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated leadership skills working with multi-functional teams in a fast-paced DARPA environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create novel approaches to engineering problems
- Develop and analyze complex systems solutions
- Perform work under general direction
- Drive high standards of performance through cooperation and teamwork
- Engage in learning from subject matter experts and project technical leads
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Link budget analyses and RF propagation models
- Designing RF receive and transmit architectures (e.g. filter, LNA, ADC, DAC, LO, HPA, Digital Receiver specifications and selection)
- Experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR) architectures and systems
- Ability to determine RFFE/RFIC performance and noise sources, e.g. NF, spurs, P1dB, etc.
- RF Systems applications to Comms, Radar, EW, ESM, SIGINT, etc. domains
- US Secret clearance eligibility
Preferred Skills and Education
- Antenna apertures and arrays - antenna patterns, polarization, AESA and PESA phased arrays
- Experience with digital receiver architecture and digital signal processing techniques
- Deriving dynamic range, phase coherency, scan scheduling, and delay memory requirements
- Experience with US Department of Defense product development
- An active US Top Secret clearance, and SCI eligibility
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.