Full Job Description
Position Title: Academic Health Centers Medical Director
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
The Academic Health Centers Medical Director is a member of the organization’s leadership team and provides leadership, guidance, and motivation to ensure the best environment for quality, patient-centered care and medical education. The Academic Health Centers Medical Director is responsible for the oversight of all medical care and quality of services provided at the PrimeCare West Town and Wicker Park health centers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides direct patient care in academic health center. Optional participation in family medicine inpatient service and maternal child teaching responsibilities.
Clinic Administrative Oversight
1. Works directly with the academic health center practice managers, care managers, and providers to ensure patient-centered, team-based, productive, and efficient medical homes.
2. Collaborates with the health center practice managers and care managers to optimize access, throughput, service, and productivity.
3. Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of faculty physicians and PrimeCare academic health center providers. On-boards/orients and supervises providers in the outpatient clinical practice setting.
4. Evaluates PrimeCare providers practicing in the academic health centers and provides outpatient performance evaluation to residency Program Director for Amita Health providers practicing in the centers.
5. Balances optimal access for health centers’ patients with adherence to residency training requirements by coordinating provider schedules with residency Program Director, and by developing and managing schedules of PrimeCare providers practicing in the health centers.
6. Provides input to, and participates, as needed, in health center staff meetings.
7. Assists, where required, in the education and training of staff.
Family Medicine Residency Liaison
1. Works closely with the family medicine residency program director and faculty to ensure the centers provide optimal, compliant settings for training medical residents and students.
2. Attends and participates in PrimeCare leadership team meetings and all applicable residency faculty activities.
3. Regularly supervises/precepts residents in the academic health centers.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Ability to work as a team player/member.
2. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people.
3. Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and decisions.
4. Ability to identify and maintain agency and patient confidential information.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
1. Board Certified Family Physician with valid State of Illinois license.
2. Minimum of 3 years of practice experience.
3. Previous management experience strongly preferred.
4. Previous academic experience preferred.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10 pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.