Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing items to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Set up mobile phonesaccounts and passwords
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards
- Assist in installation of workstations and printers on the LAN.
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Insure that all NetWare patches are applied to all servers.
- Monitor load balance on servers and make recommendations accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in network administrator role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Familiarity with Mobile Iron Mobile Device Management
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN's remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organising, prioritising and multitasking
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled