The Store Protection Specialist provides a visible presence at store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for associates and customers. Responsible for greeting customers, deterring opportunity for theft by physical presence in a company issued vest/uniform, and monitoring the Code 50 policy. Partners with store leadership to ensure compliance of Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage by embracing company values and the Loss Prevention 4 Key Objectives.
- Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Monitor entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behaviors and activity.
- Gather theft indicators and use internal and external intelligence to positively impact shortage trends.
- Effectively communicate with store leadership and members of the Loss Prevention team.
- Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Provide a visible presence at store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a company issued vest/uniform monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Provide assistance to store leadership to maintain a safe and secure environment for associates and customers.
- Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Increase associate awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage by training and educating around shortage reduction initiatives.
- Observe and provide feedback on proper checkout procedures for customers and associates.
- Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and answering questions.
- Regular involvement with internal and external triad partners. May include, but not limited to, conference calls, meetings, store visits, etc.
* Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service Focus
- Conflict Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with associates at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing
*QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Retail experience or similar training
- Loss Prevention/security work experience and/or training in a retail setting
- Possession of current and valid security guard registration card
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Must be able to reach, raise and lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs. above shoulders from one level to another
- Must be able to regularly twist, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch; Frequency and duration will vary based on business needs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time