Austin Industries has an outstanding opportunity for an Internal Auditor at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. This position is responsible for conducting audits of construction contracts, financial controls and operational controls throughout all of the organization’s operating companies.
- This position performs complex audits of major construction and maintenance projects throughout the organization to assess effectiveness of management’s processes and compliance with established policy (e.g. Cost, Scope, Schedule, Risk Management, Procurement, and Change Management).
- This position also performs risk-based contract management, administration and compliance audits.
- Performs special and non-routine analysis and investigations as required under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Prepares draft audit findings and make practical recommendations to address control gaps.
- Stays abreast of projects’ status and progress throughout projects’ life cycle.
- Monitors status and resolution of management actions in response to identified control gaps.
- Travel of approximately 20%
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering or related field is required with a Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- CPA, CIA or CCIFP or equivalent certification
- Targeting 0-2 years’ of operational, risk-based Internal Audit Experience in a capital intensive industry with the focus on auditing and/or consulting on major construction projects, or
- Project Controls and/or Construction Project Management expertise supported by at least 0-2 years’ of practical experience on complex programs.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and exceptional judgment and integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management including senior executives.
- Strong IT skills. Experience with data mining and data analysis utilizing specialized and commonly available software packages (ACL, IDEA, MS Excel, etc.).
- Ability to effectively interface with the organizations project management teams and contractors.
- Candidates should be high performers, exhibit strong leadership qualities and possess well-developed analytical skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, organizational and project management skills in order to lead audit teams, successfully handle multiple assignments, changing priorities, and achieve deadlines.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html
Austin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Industries
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin is owned entirely by its employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Austin Industries has a rich history. We are one of the largest and most diversified construction firms in the nation. Austin stands on the core values of Uncompromising Integrity, Employee-ownership, Exemplary Service and Excellence in Safety. To learn more about our history, culture and operations, visit us at www.austin-ind.com.
No agency inquiries please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.