The role of the Workforce Development (WFD) Manager is a high visibility, customer facing position. The WFD Manager will interact with members to market the program and will facilitate high-impact relationships between mentor/mentee pairs. The WFD Manager will also lead SEMI’s University Connections initiative to increase industry visibility and to deepen the talent pipeline for the semiconductor industry and electronic manufacturing supply chain. Overall, the WFD Manager will ensure: connection opportunities for the workforce and industry, collaborative platform for the mentors and mentees, and visibility for SEMI’s workforce development activities and industry opportunities.
This is a full-time, exempt position and reports directly to Executive Director of SEMI Foundation. This position is based in Milpitas, CA.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate is a strategic, global thinker that possess leadership capabilities, is passionate about growing diversity in the workforce, excels at designing and delivering programs. S/he adapts quickly to changing environments, has an extreme customer focus mindset, and enjoys working collaboratively on cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will also understand how to market, communicate, and present effectively to recruit and captivate audiences.
- University Connections Initiative: (40%)
- Host and/or support the coordination of career fairs; industry recruitment events, and HTU University Visits to increase visibility and impact for SEMI’s workforce development initiative
- Responsible for organization and execution of university “Roadshow” events:
- Identify target schools; overlay visitations; coordinate delivery of information; track costs; maintain spreadsheet of contacts made
- Create presentations and ‘pitches’ about industry career opportunities
- Present and/or represent SEMI at career fairs, seminars, and events
- Work closely with the Americas team to coordinate the Professional Development Seminars and SEMI High Tech U to increase relationships between universities and industry.
- Mentoring Program management and platform administration/coordination (40%)
- Strategically manage mentoring platform to increase recruitment of mentors and mentees.
- Continuously improve the application of program filters, registration process, match success rate, active engagement, metrics and reporting, and lifecycle of the mentoring program system
- apply qualifiers and approve for participation; track participant progress toward individual goals, manage active and in-active users, submit automated reports, and provide overall system support
- Increase program value by connecting mentors and mentees to events and opportunities, scheduling training, and providing resources for the program.
- Works closely with contracted platform provider and IT to ensure quality and timeliness of activity
- Social, digital, and web marketing and coordination (20%)
- Coordinate with WFD Councils, SEMI Foundation Team and HQ Marketing team to provide media content for workforce development activities
- Maintain SEMI’s workforce development presence on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and other sites as identified and approved
- Posts highlights of WFD accomplishments and events on a regular basis
- Maintain current and accurate content on Foundation website pages
- Provide two new pages of content on Foundation website
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- You are a key contributor to SEMI’s workforce development initiative
- You increase visibility for SEMI’s workforce development activities (university recruiting program, mentoring program, and industry image campaign)
- You achieve and maintain the mentoring platform adoption, usage, and data integrity
- You provide solutions to customers (internally and externally) in a timely manner
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Positive, customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of social media and website content placement
- Ability to learn and administer new technology platforms (mentoring)
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to drive/rent a car
- Travel: 15 – 20% (varies)
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- S. in Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, or Hospitality OR equivalent experience
- 7+ years of talent acquisition, workforce development, and/or program management experience
- Experience in hosting and/or supporting a career fair, mentoring program, and/or industry image campaign
- Experience with systems administration, management, and reporting (Ex: Mentoring platforms, HRIS, ATS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Ex: Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of University systems and the semiconductor industry is a plus!
SEMI® connects more than 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Job Type: Full-time