The Workday HCM Solution Architect for the Americas HRIS team is a Workday functional expert responsible for leading HR technology application implementations and design, fully integrating Workday system best practices into business environments, searching/procuring new HR tools and deploying new/enhance HR Operations services.
- Responsible for enhancing the HR technology strategy, as well as maintaining and executing the HR Technology global blueprint for Workday.
- Be the Functional Lead and translate the project design into a production ready version
- Analyzing and scoping of proposed HR technology projects to enable the approval and prioritization process
- Align the HR Technology plans with the overall HR Strategy/Vision
- Work to understand requirements, validate data sources, perform solution design, configure and assist customer testing by interfacing with developers for defect resolutions.
- Perform Business Analysis when needed to assist in use-case development, solution design, and implementation activities.
- Report project status and issues during implementation projects and work collaboratively with implementation team members
- Provide competence and skills to secure successful engagement with the stakeholders from solutions and delivery perspective
- Oversee the application/implementation of new work processes
- Functional Knowledge in multiple modules in the Workday HCM suite (HCM Core, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Talent and Performance, Learning)
- Experience implementing Compensation and Advanced Compensation preferred.
- Experience re-engineering HR business processes
- Advanced MS Excel Skills (formulas, pivot tables, v lookups) and MS Office Skills
- Experience with Workday calculated fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process flows in Human Resources, Employee and Manager Self-Service.
- Expertise in performing application setups in multiple HR-focused modules (Human Resources, Recruiting etc).
- An understanding of the dependencies and relationships between various HRIS modules such as Payroll, Benefits, and Time and Labor, as well as integration points with non-HRMS modules.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, gap analysis, and design of solutions
- Full life cycle experience with all aspects of application setup, testing, user training, and production support.
- Experience with designing and testing conversions, interfaces with third parties, and custom reporting.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- Performance driven nature
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability
- Possess clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in standard IT architectures and frameworks a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years' experience leading and implementing Workday HRIS solutions
- Minimum three years' experience implementing Workday HCM and/or Compensation as a Workday Lead/Solution Architect
- Extensive experience as a functional lead in at least 2-3 Workday modules: HCM Core, Benefits, Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Absence, Talent/Performance Management, Time Tracking, Recruitment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex multi-year projects globally.
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment, working across multiple functions globally.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.