Photonics Media has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished journalist and editor to join its editorial team. As the Senior Editor, you’ll be responsible for producing top-quality content for a new publication dedicated exclusively to the machine vision sector. Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines, and a willingness to travel. Position is based in the company’s headquarters in Pittsfield, MA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, write and edit features, news, columns and other copy as assigned, following Laurin Publishing and AP Style standards
- Participate in planning of editorial calendars and issue content.
- Conduct effective and professional interviews with highly knowledgeable sources including academic researchers and CEOs
- Research technical topics in science and industry
- Process materials for features and other contributed content, including compiling and cataloging relevant art/images, providing search keywords and links to sources, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous editorial work and duties as assigned, including but not limited to: responding to general editorial inquires, maintaining email press boxes as needed, updating databases, indexes and files as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in journalism and/or writing and editing.
- Knowledge of, interest in, science writing a plus.
- Knowledge of machine vision, and/or familiarity with technologies driving Industry 4.0 helpful.
- Experience with internet and library research as well as reference sources
- Must be organized, efficient, and attentive to detail.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with AP Style; Adobe Photoshop and HTML coding helpful.
- Must have ability to travel, including by plane, domestically and internationally up to 15 days per year.
Job Type: Full-time