Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to be a part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in IT that changes lives.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
As a Principal IT Technologist of Integration Services team and working for Global IT, you would influence and work on integration services technical design, APIs, integrations technology roadmap and process improvements. If you have a passion to work with various teams globally to get things done in a dynamic environment and cutting-edge technologies involving middle ware services and technologies, APIs, then this is a job for you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for integrations design and architecture for integration projects and programs with limited oversight from manager.
- Responsible for architecture, design and governance for Data Virtualization tools such as Denodo.
- Contributes to defining the direction for new products, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy with a significant impact on work group results. This involves working on proof of concept, proof of technology, solution selection process to evaluate and recommend right toolsets and capabilities.
- Manage large projects or programs that span within or outside of immediate job area for solutioning expertise in integration services and APIs.
- Work with Business Analysts, Process Owners, Project Managers and other stake holders to define the scope and architecting high level design for the overall project. This includes providing high level estimates for the effort of the entire project.
- Obtain detailed understanding of business operations and bring the IT vision and goals to business stakeholders to ensure we are utilizing current capabilities, as well as developing new capabilities where necessary and prudent.
- Assembles and collaborates alongside subject matter experts across teams, to troubleshoot, resolve, and prevent issues
- Create project documentation like high level designs, project planning, design patterns, non-functional requirements and follow best practices of architecture and design. Involves in mentoring and coaching other team members.
- Responsible for trouble-shooting any issue during the cut over and hyper care period for the Integration objects. Conducts performance tuning and capacity planning for integration platforms to achieve scalability and availability of the solution.
- Work with Enterprise architects to define the IT strategies and setting up the Medtronic organization standards with Integration best practices and tools/processes.
- Responsible to review different modules for quality assurance, security & data privacy and checks compliance with application standards and SLAs.
- Manage multiple Integration projects at the same time and provide technical guidance to the Business.
- Requires mastery of integration technologies and full knowledge of industry practices, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
MUST HAVE (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of IT experience with an advanced degree
- Desired skills and working knowledge of Web Methods middle ware product, Apigee API Management Platform and Informatica Cloud Real Time (iPaaS) for API Creation.
- Any other working experience with middle ware products, API’s are preferred.
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior experience in a large program in system integrations area especially with Middleware tools like webMethods and APIs is preferred.
- Architectural experience with Data Virtualization tools such as Denodo.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.