General Purpose of the Position
The position of LPN is to oversee and implement nursing care and medication to patients in the residential and extended care treatment programs.
General Company Responsibilities:
- Follow all policies and procedures of PBI.
- Must maintain and keep current all State of Florida educational requirements to retain current medical licensure.
- Must keep up with current knowledge of research and activity in the area of substance abuse, dual diagnosis and nursing.
- Follow all standards of care per the practice standards of the profession
- This organization assigns responsibility for the management of infection prevention and control activities to those medically qualified.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures including those pertaining to medical services, medication management and HIPPA guidelines.
- Must be available to attend Clinical Executive level management meetings.
- General Patient Care Responsibilities:
- Perform Nursing Admission Assessment according to accepted standards of nursing.
- Timely return of inquiries from patients, such as for reported side effects from medication, questions about medication or their plans of care, refusals of recommended medications or calls from other providers.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Produces and maintains the Medication Observation Records sheets for each client based on doctor's orders, and revises as necessary.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient/department records
- Seek supervision and direction from Medical Director, Nurse Practitioner and/or RN when observation of client's medical status renders medical intervention beyond scope of practice or expertise.
- Provide training I supervision to behavioral health technicians and assigned team members that observe clients self-administration of medication.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing Experience: Minimum two (2) years' experience with chemical dependency, psychiatric, detox, medical surgical nursing and/or dual diagnosis substance abuse programs.
- License and/or Certifications: Current and active Florida licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse and certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Must be trained in the physical and mental aspects of addiction o Ability to communicate clearly with effective listening skills, both in writing and verbally with clients, administration, the treatment team and family members
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to function independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.