Cabonnay restaurant and wine house is looking for a professional, dynamic host that can become part growing of a team. This is a PART TIME positing with needed evening availability THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY 4-10pm and Sunday 10am-3pm.
- Complete support for the Cabonnay restaurant guest experience
- OPENTABLE Experience highly preferred.
- Management of restaurant server schedules
- Front end restaurant POS software proficiency
- Work with Bar Manager and Front of House Staff to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing safety and sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing company financial information.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen services, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring front of house food service and timing.
- Maintains clean standard of all guests restrooms ensuring towel availability and presentation.
- Ensures front of house guest environment is ready for service hours and when restaurant closes ensure front of house is reset to acceptable clean standards.
- All other duties typically associated with hosting, reception, and concierge services
- Must be able to work all shifts including, AM's, PM's, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to close out restaurant or open building for shift start in absence of chef, bar manager or owner.
- As Cabonnay front of the house host, reception and concierge person have a passion for the hospitality industry and enjoy serving others and making people feel good focus on quality and care.
- Ability to invent and try new things.
- Foster a collaborative results-driven team environment
- Have passion and talent LOVE WHAT YOU DO.
- Have a drive to be excellent.
- Be organized and prepared.
- Be a strong and effective communicator.
- Be forward thinking and be able to anticipate and fix problems before they occur.
- Be able to stay calm in high-pressure environment.
- Be fully aware of, and conform to, health requirements and basic food safety.
- Be able to showcase finer skills
- Have excellent leadership skills.
- Have a specific level of creativity
- Have a sophisticated trained palate.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Have a continued willingness to learn and innovate
- Strive for perfection
- Support staff development and culture development of a supportive non-toxic work environment.
- Ensuring the Cabonnay brand is well represented including its food experience and communicate that as appropriate between Executive Chef and Guests
- Be aware of and facilitate equipment maintenance and conditions and coordinate front of house and back of house synergies and efficiencies with Executive Chef
- Assists Executive Chef to ensure restaurant operates within state and federal health and safety codes.
- Maitre reports to the Executive Chef.
- Management of main host phone line.
- Restaurant host is expected to interact with customers routinely in a respectful professional manner.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- POS: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
- OPETABLE HOST SOFTWARE: 1 year
- Restaurant Host: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: