GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always.
PT2 20-29 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
The Pharmacy Courier is responsible to provide timely medication movement from the central pharmacy to patient nurse servers, ensuring availability of patient medication and compliance with HFAP standards.
Locates appropriate patient rooms and provides deliveries to nurse servers in accordance with nursing service level agreements.
Requires unlocking of servers to insert medications for current patients, and ensures server is locked when completed.
Remove medication from nurse servers for discharged patients.
Removal of discontinued medications from designated “discontinued medication” area in the nurse server.
Ensure that transferred patients’ medications are received by the new unit.
Maintain positive rapport with medical, paramedical, and nursing staff in order to quickly resolve conflict to assure the highest quality of care and moral/ethical obligations.
Interacts positively with other team members by constructively expressing opinions and actively participating in decision making teams.
Thorough understanding of the drug distribution system in order to trouble-shoot and solve problems associated with the system.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Sound interpersonal, decision-making, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
Good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintains high degree of confidentiality.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No routine exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- But may perform unplanned tasks with possible exposure.
- Works on a patient unit or outpatient care setting.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.