The Assistant/Associate Professor is expected to provide student instruction, advising, curriculum development, program design, and lead/conduct research activities including published articles/books.
- Teach courses in the Health and Human Performance Program; exercise science, physical education, or physical fitness wellness
- Participate in research activities related to the HHP curriculum
- Participate in departmental, college, and university committees and other service activities to enhance the role and mission of the University
- Teach a minimum of twelve hours per semester (or twenty-four annually) of day and evening classes.
- Maintain office hours and provide advisement for assigned students.
- Assist in curriculum development, review, and textbook selection.
- Conduct and publish research.
- Participate in College and professional development activities.
- Evidence of the possession of those qualities of character, personality and competence expected in a teacher and director of students.
- Evidence of scholarship and research, particularly scholarly publication. Consideration will be given to such subsidiary evidence as direction of, or significant participation in research projects, participation in scholarly activities of learned societies, and professional consultative service.
- Dedication to ensuring excellence in curriculum delivery, development, and improvement.
- Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds are essential.
- Ability to use technology in instruction and student advising.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the role of a comprehensive college in a multi-cultural setting.
- Involvement with recognized professional associations or organizations.
- Ability to generate grant proposals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- License in field
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three years of teaching experience
- Earned doctorate in exercise science, physical education, wellness, kinesiology, or closely related field from an accredited college of university
Posting Date Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants