Qualifications: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience working with complex asset owners including Endowments, Foundations, Family Offices, OCIOs, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, and institutional asset managers.
- Strong understanding of institutional investment industry, including markets, instruments, funds and fund structures, trading, etc.
o Deep knowledge of alternative assets and related operational processes (hedge funds, private equity). Demonstrated understanding of private equity transactional impacts on unfunded commitments, market value, cost, and other metrics typically associated with private equity (TVPI, DPI, PIC, etc.).
- Experience managing an investment operations team.
- Deep understanding of investment operational processes, transactional impacts, cash movement, accruals, and valuation methodologies.
- Deep understanding of accounting/reporting methods, including IBOR, ABOR, TrueNav, to support complete and accurate data capture.
- Knowledge of performance measurement concepts and standards including GIPS Standards.
- Understanding of benchmarks and benchmark calculations across multiple asset classes as well as an understanding of the benchmark provider industry; understanding of blended benchmarks and custom benchmarks and data management nuances.
- Prior experience with multi-asset class portfolio management software.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Experienced in operational process improvement.
- Client servicing and relationship management experience; high level of comfort communicating directly with clients and client advocacy.
- Must be able to work closely and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and to reconcile any conflicting priorities.
- Commitment to project success as it may require working unconventional hours during critical project phases.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience using VBA, Python or other programming language to format large data sets
- A College or University degree
- A minimum of 7 years of institutional investment industry experience in the following fields:
o Performance Measurement & Investment Data Analytics (attribution, liquidity, and exposures)
o Alternative asset operations
o Investment Operations (analytics, reporting, fund or investment accounting)
o Fund accounting
o Financial reporting
o Investment account data reconciliation – accounting and performance
- Completion (or progress towards) of advanced credentials (CFA, CAIA, CPA, MBA) preferred.
- A genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year