The Director, Finance and Business Operations - Emergency Medicine, Neuroscience and Orthopedic Services Lines is responsible for establishing and helping to execute financial, business, and operational priorities for the Service Lines and Operational Areas. Represents the Service Lines and Operational Areas in cross-functional interactions related to business development, service metrics, space planning and performance management objectives. In collaboration with Finance, the Director is responsible for formulating and managing budget consolidation, financial reporting, forecasting, business plans, and implementation of financial and operational controls. Provides leadership and training to Operational managers related to financial management.
1. Provides financial, business and operational support for the Operational Areas to align with the organization's goals and provides the direction, method, tools and training to record, measure, and track the financial and operating performance of these areas.
2. Working in unison with Finance, creates, communicates, and implements financial reporting support for all areas. Educates (trains) managers about the process and ensures the process is executed within the parameters defined.
3. Monitors variances and tracks financial trends including revenue and labor expenses. Provides ad hoc reporting for senior management related to volume, cost, performance and profitability. Initiates operational controls/procedures to ensure tracking, collecting and recovering revenue are in place.
4. Supervises the development and production of standard reports that provide senior management with information on financial results and trends by Operational area. Provides impact and feasibility analysis for business planning and program initiatives.
5. Provides strategic input to space planning and manages the complete inventory of existing space and space assignment. Management includes the oversight of current space, coordinating moves and planning for future expansion.
6. Works with Planning & Business Development to translate Long Range Planning documents into annual operational plans for space management, staffing needs and/or new program initiatives. Ensures comprehensive business planning and oversight for growth.
7. Facilitates cooperation with other entity/department leadership to achieve standardize, integrated and/or consolidated financial planning, budgeting, patient accounting, budget management, patient accounting and contracting.
8. Recommends improvements in systems and processes that enhance efficiency and reduce cost within Operational areas and throughout the organization. Provides direction and support for cost reduction activities working closely with nurses, physicians, patient care, and technical staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field
Minimum five years of work experience I financial/operational management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated competency in finance and decision support
Demonstrated skills in analytical assessment, oral and written communication
Expert skills with PC base applications (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
Conversant in financial & operation systems (e.g. Lawson, IDX SMS GL, cost accounting, executive management, etc)
Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment.
Strong communication skills and ability to promote and maintain interpersonal relationships
Graduate Degree in a related field