Are you passionate about working with people? Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference? Join the Becoming Independent team as a Community Coach!
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY COACH?
A Community Coach supports individuals with disabilities by identifying and executing person centered plans that include community exploration, volunteerism, and employment. A day in the life of a Community Coach includes:
- Providing support and supervision to individuals in volunteer, employment, and other activities in the local community.
- Helping individuals access the community, including transportation.
- Advocating for community inclusion and relationship development.
- Supporting individuals in meeting personal goals.
- Teaching individuals in structured settings following specialized curriculum.
- Maintaining individual progress reports.
YOU MAY BE A GREAT COMMUNITY COACH IF:
- You have a positive attitude and want to be a part of a collaborative team.
- You have a High School Diploma/GED. College coursework in Special Education, Psychology, or related field is a plus!
- You have 2 years of work experience and great customer service skills.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities is a plus!
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT BECOMING INDEPENDENT
Becoming Independent is the North Bay's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to elevating human abilities by providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities. While providing life changing services to over 1,000 individuals we have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the North Bay Business journal 9 times in the past 10 years!
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance.
- 15 days paid vacation + 10 paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Fitness facility, tuition reimbursement, and employee recognition activities
- Employee development and training
- Ideal work life balance; Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM schedule
- The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic company culture and make a big difference
APPLY NOW! Apply directly at: http://www.becomingindependent.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.15 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Santa Rosa, CA (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)