CollegeBackeris seeking an exceptional Head of Growth Marketing to join its founding team and help modernize the $1 trillion college savings industry. Backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, CollegeBacker grew 8x in 2018 and has helped families save over $2 million tax-free for college with gifts from family and friends.
As the first dedicated marketer at CollegeBacker, this role is a unique opportunity for a versatile marketing leader to develop our overall brand and marketing strategies, build robust analytics to inform rapid growth experimentation, and launch several ambitious, high-profile new campaigns.
You’ll work closely with our CEO, COO, and 4 other team members to bring a fresh, inspirational message to the emerging generation of millennial parents – and you’ll help their kids avoid crippling student loan debt.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Grow the business through a mix of evergreen tactics and creative new campaigns
- Develop a data-driven approach to prioritize, test, evaluate, and optimize marketing experiments to cost-effectively acquire new customers
- Collaborate with product and engineering to optimize landing page conversion, increase product virality, refine overall user experience, and drive user and revenue growth
- Deeply understand our audience of young millennial parents
- Cultivate our trustworthy, approachable, and empowering brand
- Manage our marketing budget, including in-house and agency spend
What You Need to be Successful:
- 5-8 years of experience with a wide range of marketing channels (e.g., paid search, social, SEO, content, podcasts, affiliates)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; proficiency with Mixpanel, GA, SQL and other relevant tools
- An excellent communicator; experience with media / public relations is a plus
- Strong operating and leadership skills; equally comfortable being in the weeds and leading internal and external teams
- Other attributes: deep empathy for the user, resourceful, results-driven, quality-obsessed
What You'll Get from CollegeBacker:
- A ground-floor role in which you’ll be integral to our company culture and help shape the direction of our brand
- To be part of a growing community of CollegeBacker employees, partners, investors, and advisors, all focused on our mission of helping more families afford college
- Competitive equity and salary compensation
Our team combines years of experience building enterprise-grade financial technology with deep education domain expertise. We are as intentional about building a durable company and inclusive culture as we are about perfecting our product, and are serious about flexible work and professional development.
Job Type: Full-time