Profire Energy is a leading provider of Burner Management Systems, Chemical Management Systems and associated equipment to the oil and gas industry. With locations in Spruce Grove, Alberta; Lindon, Utah; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Pennsylvania/New York and in Victoria and Houston, Texas. We are currently seeking a results-oriented and dedicated individual to join our Lindon, Utah team as the AP Supervisor.
- Responsible for assisting the Accounting Team with all Accounts Payable duties associated with vendor accounts, and establishing a solid working knowledge of all accounts.
- Manages the vendor relationships and inquiries through phone contact and email.
- Responsible for inputting invoices, ensuring the proper approvals and GL account coding are provided.
- Reconciles the credit card expenditures, ensuring receipts are attached and that the proper approvals have taken place.
- Prepares the AP aging in order to cut checks each week.
- Maintains accurate vendor files – W9 forms, billing information, and payment terms - and documents all inquiries and comments in accounting software.
- Works closely with purchasing department to ensure proper documentation exists; i.e. packing slips, purchase orders, and/or invoices with the appropriate levels of approval.
- Considers which vendors to pay by monitoring discount opportunities.
- Maintains historical records by filing all documents, so as to preserve audit trail.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping all information confidential.
- May assist in office manager duties to include; Answer phones, transfer calls, take messages, receive visitors, order office supplies, etc.
- Works with Management, as needed, on other areas assigned by Management, such as:
- Maintain all 1099 files for submission each year.
- Assist the Assistant Controller with month-end closing duties, as instructed.
- Interface with Management on various areas relating to vendors, invoices, and potential discrepancies.
- One year of accounts payable experience preferred
- Two-year Associates degree preferred
- Efficient in general accounting and bookkeeping
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, And Word
- Ability to work independently on projects and meet objectives in a fast paced environment
- Effectively prioritize tasks and objectives
- Proficient in answering phones and taking messages
- Ability to identify needs of the office and carry out tasks without constant supervision
- Professional, polite, and have a good attitude.
- Well spoken and excellent writing skills a plus
- Manage and upkeep Profire’s credit card account and assist with employee expense reports
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Profire Management
- Efficiently answer phones
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused