BAE Systems has a job opening for a Systems Administrator. Seeking a SharePoint Systems Admin with demonstrable experience in technical software support throughout the software development lifecycle of web-based solutions. From concept exploration through deployment, the candidate shall be immersed in team collaboration to understand, execute, and deliver on customer expectation.
Support will include requirements analysis, solution design, test planning and execution, customer training, and pro-active ticket monitoring and issue resolution. Gathering and tracking appropriate estimates of effort will be required to support project planning and scheduling. The candidate must be comfortable working with customers on a daily basis including weekends when required. The candidate must build and maintain customer trust through proficiency and accuracy of their efforts.
Working within a team environment, the ability to communicate information quickly and effectively, uphold a personable nature, and maintain scope and direction consistently will be vital.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proficiencies in Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
MS SharePoint: WSS 3.0, SP 2010, SP 2013, SP 2016:
- Interpreting business needs / use cases into system requirements
- Support design and development of programming systems making specific determinations about system performance and security
- Software Application Testing (regression, unit, functional)
- Create design documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, unit tests and programming schedules to clearly articulate plans and progress throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Post-development change management and incident management
- General and custom permissions management
- Custom site administration including general and custom SharePoint list types and applications
- Troubleshooting SharePoint and browser errors as related to responsible applications
- Provisioning and archiving sites based on requests/tickets
- Maintain knowledge of security and export control requirements for external/foreign users access to application
- Organizing all documentation and knowledge base material in a central repository
- On call responsibilities as assigned / necessary based on project timeframes/deadlines by leadership.
- Administering yearly surveys and presenting results to management
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
- ITIL Certification
- Software testing and performance automation
- Team Foundation Server
- SDLC Practices
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.