As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and administering appropriate pharmaceuticals to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs. The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions. The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals. The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Provide assistance other medical services such as injections, blood pressure/ temperature measurements etc.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- Proven experience as a pharmacist
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems (eg. MediTech, Mediware etc.)
- Good organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- Integrity and compassion
- Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
- Valid licence to practice the profession
JNZ RX CORP provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48.00 - $60.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Licensed Pharmacist (Preferred)