We are seeking a Quality Inspector with a thorough background in aerospace machine manufacturing and assembly.
· Maintains a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with procedures and safety regulations.
· Works as a part of the production team by performing quality control checks, moving product into and out of the work area, and assisting the team with the preparation of product for shipment.
· Ensures quality standards are met.
· Prepares documents, production sheets and/or other reports and related paperwork as required.
· Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, and electrical tests and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies and materials.
· Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments and equipment to measure values and record functional operation of components.
· Maintains inspection records and documentation in accordance with government, customer, and Company standards.
· Assists Quality Assurance during internal audits and customer audits as needed.
· Interact with and "speak" the language of technicians, ability to prioritize workload
· Must be proficient using hand measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator etc.) and familiar with MBD/DPD data
· Must be proficient in applying the principles of GD&T for blueprint / model interpretation and acceptance activities.
· Ability to read engineering and manufacturing drawings
· Responsible for conducting First Article, In-Process, Final inspections and accurate report generating utilizing AS9102 FAIR format.
· Experience with Quality Management System principles ISO9001: 2008, AS 9100C etc.
· Generate and maintain Nonconformance reports and records.
· Participate in Corrective Action processes, including containment plans, root cause analysis, corrective countermeasures, and providing objective evidence for verification / closure.
· Experience in risk analysis (FMEA) and problem solving processes (8D).
· Accurately document the results of inspections and issue Certificates of Conformance.
· Maintain and archive controlled document files and records in a timely and accurate manner.
· Participate in internal and external audit activities as needed.
· Provide feedback on the quality aspects of parts and assemblies to QA and Production.
· Provide data for KPI reporting.
· Ability to interact with machinists for communicating inspection results
· Possess a good mechanical aptitude and/or prior machinist experience a plus
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, new company environment.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, set aggressive goals and achieve them.
· Must be open to work overtime, as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $27.00 /hour