Responsible for execution of local and brand-level marketing initiatives executed at the restaurant local and national platforms. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating a robust local marketing plan for each individual brand and establish strategic alliances with the local community. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the operations team in the local market to drive sales and uphold brand standards.
· Collaborate with each brand leadership team to plan and create local marketing plans for each year.
· Collaborate with each national brand marketing team at their corporate level and communicate to each brand national platforms
· Complete all menu ordering cycle and POP cycles for all brands
· Responsible for all social media for all brands
· Responsible for email marketing platforms for all brands
· Responsible for all main Charity platforms for all brands (MDA, MAW, JDRF)
· Responsible for fundraising platform for brands
· Responsible for working with other marketing managers/ coordinators within each brand
· Responsible for working with and managing graphic designer
· Manages PR and ad agencies to oversee execution of marketing plans for the brand and store level platforms
· Provide monthly updates on assignments
· Attend leadership meetings to provide updates
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Educational / Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent industry experience/education
· Knowledge of retail, hospitality, restaurant industry preferred.
· Experience using mobile applications in order to capture photos and modify and create graphics.
· Outstanding guest service and hospitality skills.
· Operate a variety of office equipment.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task, as well as organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience, whether orally or in writing; ability to establish effective working relationships among restaurant and support staff.
· Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Great verbal and written communication skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Visual: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sitting occasionally and working on your feet: Exerts up to 20 lbs of force occasionally
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing two digit numbers, to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations with units such as inch, foot and yard, ounce and pound.
Language Ability: Ability to read and speak at a normal rate: define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation and grammar. Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses, using a good vocabulary.
Job Type: Full-time