The Assistant Box Office Manager assists the Director of Ticket Operations and Box Office Manager in overseeing ticket operations at the box office and at the theater during an event and resolves customer service issues that arise prior to or during a performance.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons. Reply to daily customer service emails and queries, resolves customer service issues that arise prior to or during the performance, and follow through and resolve special customer issues, i.e. dissatisfied patrons, disputed credit card charges, etc.
- Lead ticket seller for our daily City National Civic box office (Mon-Fri 10am-5pm)
- Assist in overseeing day-to-day box office operations.
- Process and fulfill box office transactions by phone and in person, including seat renewals, sales, comps, promotions, change orders, refunds and will call.
- Assists in creating price sheets and seating charts for specific events.
- Assist in completing daily credit card settlements, weekly sales updates, and final sales reports.
- Oversee ticket operations during the event, assign tasks to ticketing staff at the shows and ensure staff completes assigned tasks according to set expectations.
- Provide usher staff and theater team information pertinent to the event such as expected attendance, special-needs patrons, etc.
- Print will call for both single tickets (using ticketing system) and BSJ subscribers (on Archtics).
- Address customer issues at events and coordinate with event organizers to make sure ticketing for the event is handled effectively.
- Prepares daily ticket orders for mailing
- Consigns tickets from the ticketing system for events and collects payment from clients on ticket consignment orders.
- Assist in training new ticket sellers and will call employees.
- Complete special tasks as assigned by the Director of Ticket Operations and Box Office Manager, such as processing complimentary or promotional ticket orders
- Complete all regular ticket seller responsibilities including:
- Operate the computerized ticketing system in order to complete sales transactions at each event or performance.
- Process both cash and credit card payments, and make correct change and reconcile sales at the end of each shift.
- Effectively and politely communicate with patrons, explain box office policies, and provide general seating information and assistance to our client base.
- Provide general information and assistance regarding the downtown theaters to callers and guests of the convention center
- Complete additional duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of comprehensive ticketing and patron service experience in the entertainment/sports industry.
- 1-2 years box office supervisor experience preferred.
- Expertise in electronic ticketing practices and software applications including email, phone, website, mobile device and walk-up sales; mail, will-call, print-at-home and electronic fulfillment; advance seat renewals/upgrades, public on-sale, group sales, ADA sales, promotional sales, and special sales.
- Proficiency using office equipment (computers, Microsoft Office, copier/fax/scan, and phone systems).
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, a demonstrate effective critical thinking and decision making
- Attention to detail, Positive attitude and excellent cash handling skills.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
- Ideal candidates are friendly, articulate, and attentive to details.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry who is eager to become part of a progressive performance oriented team, please submit resume to: email@example.com.
Please include “Assistant Box Office Manager” in the subject line of your email. Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.