Centrus is looking for an experienced Composites Materials and Processes Engineer. The selected candidate will be the primary authority in composites research, development, and manufacturing. This involves supporting the existing design and manufacturing processes as well as work involving the Centrus’ next-generation uranium enrichment technology. The selected individual will be responsible for analyzing and correcting composites related challenges in the areas of design, low to medium rate manufacturing, process development, and disposition of non-conforming components surrounding gas centrifuge technology.
The ideal candidate should be skilled in composite fabrication techniques with a focus on filament winding, composite machining and assembly. Likewise, the candidate must be familiar with composite structure design and analysis, and skilled in the testing and standards associated with composites materials and structures.
Position may be filled at a Senior or Principal level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as an SME for composites materials and processes engineering
- Supports problem solving and production challenges for existing materials and methods
- Leads new composite product development
- Guides further product development and resolves operational challenges
- Provides technology transfer from industry, academic resources, project partners, and corporate manufacturing partners to ensure Centrus maintains a technical mastery of the composite structures necessary for centrifuge operation
- Assists in equipment selection and start-up while serving as the coordinator of value engineering
- BS degree in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering field with an emphasis in advanced composites
- Minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in composite MP&P (materials, processes and physics) engineering, composite structures design, manufacturing engineering and/or R&D.
- Practical composite R&D experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma techniques.
- Experience with joints, mechanical interfaces, and alignment techniques
- Experience with filament winding and prepreg applications
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance
"This position requires the successful candidate to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance. Candidates for positions requiring a security clearance are required to be tested for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 prior to an offer of employment being made. In addition, once employed, employees will become part of a random drug testing program and may also be tested in the event of any incident causing injury or causing damage to property, or if it is determined that there is a reasonable suspicion the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This position will require a preemployment background check on the part of the Company and in order to receive a DOE security clearance, a background investigation by the Federal government. Subsequent Federal government reinvestigations may be required"
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Centrus Energy Corp. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer