Arcadis has a
n immediate need for an experienced Field Industrial Hygienist. The role is primarily performing asbestos-related field work, including inspections and abatement monitoring/oversight and air sampling. Additional tasks also include indoor air quality (IAQ)/mold investigations and remediation oversight as well as lead paint inspections and abatement oversight. This position will be based in Newtown, PA.
Duties to include:
- Perform oversight, documentation, and air monitoring for asbestos, mold, and lead, remediation activities at all types of facilities, e.g. industrial, chemical, oil/gas, commercial, public, schools, etc.
- Work typically occurs during normal business hours, but will also include nights, weekends, and holidays as required by project schedules
- Routinely interact/communicate with Arcadis task managers, project managers, and leaders; abatement contractors; consultants; and client personnel
- Perform inspections/surveys for asbestos, mold (water intrusion), lead-paint, and other hazardous building materials
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must have knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA, and state regulations for asbestos, lead-based paint, etc.
- Must be willing to travel up to ~60% - Travel may include single overnight trips up to and including month or longer-term assignments
- Must be able to pass medical exam and medically cleared to wear negative pressure respirator
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. of equipment throughout 8-hour shift
- Work hours may include nights and weekends, or extended shifts beyond 8 hours
- AA equivalent required
- 4-5 years of experience
- AHERA accreditation training and/or state licensing as Asbestos Project Monitor
- AHERA accreditation training and/or state licensing as Asbestos Inspector
- Familiarity with MS Office software
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- BS in physical sciences or industrial hygiene, safety, environmental sciences, or related science or engineering fields preferred
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Understanding of HVAC systems, building mechanical systems, building construction
- EPA accredited asbestos supervisor/competent person, management planner, project designer
- EPA accreditation as Lead Inspector or Risk assessor nice to have, but not required
- State specific asbestos licensing
- Experience performing other IH-related work and non-IH environmental work