Interested in a great Summer opportunity? Do you like to travel? Apply with Tastebuds Food Service for an opportunity to work at a Summer Kosher Style Camp for children. We cover food, travel, lodging (at camp) and offer competitive salaries. We have positions available in California.
Duration of contract: June - August 2022
⏩ MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL WITHIN THE USA.
✅ MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK TO WORK AROUND KIDS.
✅ MUST BE WILLING TO LIVE AT CAMP FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTRACT.
✅ SEASONAL POSITION - UP TO 3 MONTHS.
The Food Service Director at TBFS is responsible for ordering food and managing food service across the entire camp. In conjunction with the Head Chef, (s)he shall follow TBFS strategic operations plans aligned with the culinary camp operations, uphold TBFS standards and adhere to the standard operating procedures of TBFS to deliver a high-quality experience for both staff and campers alike while staying within budget.
- Required to maintain excellent communication with Camp Director and TBFS Regional Director.
- Must complete all necessary paperwork required by TBFS in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all ordering of products needed to execute food service.
- Will be working in food production in conjunction with other chefs.
- Must be able to fill in for Head Chef as needed.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the camp director.
- Follow and maintain food production systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Responsible for service execution and menu execution.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Maintain operational efficiency; monitor expenses and report to executive team regarding camp operations.
- Responsible for ordering.
- Maintaining TBFS standards compliance.
- In conjunction with Head Chef; coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Provide client management support making sure that TBFS staff is delivering a high quality service.
- Maintain records to comply with TBFS, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Camp Director and Leadership Teams and maintain open lines of communication to ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Look for opportunities to improve the operation and communicate this information.
- Keep the team motivated and enthusiastic.
- Previous summer camp experience required.
- Previous experience in quantity cooking is required.
- A minimum of 3 years managing chefs and other culinary staff.
- Proven track record of utilizing and implementing company SOP and upholding company standards as well as strong communication skills.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Strong training and communication skills.
- Ranges from $1100 - $1,400 per week based on experience.
Full Time Opportunity:
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $1,100.00 - $1,400.00 per week
All employees must be vaccinated per the camp policies in place. Testing may be performed upon arrival to camp.
- Culinary Team Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quantity Cooking: 5 years (Preferred)
- Summer Camp Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States Drivers (Required)
Work Location: On the road