This role is a product management position supporting the Victoria’s Secret Digital Platform (VSDP), and will be the Product Owner (PO) for one of our 5 core product teams. This position reports to the Director, Digital Product Management, who has management responsibilities for each of the 5 digital platform product teams.
Prospective candidates will work within an entrepreneurial team, and have access to the resources and tools of the larger company to define and turn ideas, into great products that impact millions of Victoria’s Secret digital users.
Prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate proven digital commerce vision, strategy, and execution across (desktop, mobile, tablet, apps). This position requires strong business leadership, technology acumen, and an ability to provide the appropriate level of influence at all levels. The PO is responsible for managing all facets (concept to delivery) of highly complex and integrated digital/interactive product delivery; including creative, business and technical requirements, project scoping, quality assurance and compliance with established standards, and post-release support/statusing. The position requires close coordination with core Subject Matter Experts (SMEs); Marketing, Merchandise Planning, Finance, Digital Merchants, Digital Creative Production, and Customer Care Associates.
The PO must have a passion for great customer experiences and empathize with users’ goals and challenges, demonstrating good instincts about consumer behavior and business dynamics. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the following responsibilities/qualifications:
I. Product/Project Management (60%)
- Lead project team (on-shore/off-shore developers, designers, subject matter experts/SMEs) to identify and facilitate implementation of enhancements.
- Collaborate with UI/UX design, marketing, analytics, technology, compliance/legal, operations, and lines of business stakeholders to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of the solution.
- Gather, document and clearly communicate various project requirements from business and project teams.
- Develop and effectively communicate project approach, scope, control, assignments, communication, timeline and budget. Quickly identify and provide visibility to any variances.
- Work with product team and Executive Brain Trust to define success metrics for improvements.
- Provide project team with guidance as required to ensure progress is sustained and project goals are fulfilled.
- Predict issues/risks and lead team to find creative solutions.
- Effectively lead and facilitate project meetings and presentations.
- Project expert retaining and communicating all project history.
- Support the development of product management programs and processes.
- Develop and manage UAT processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for key business processes and systems.
- Identify and manage external vendor relationships that are needed to advance business goals.
II. Product Optimization Analysis (20%)
- Working with Executive Brain Trust, provide recommendations to Internet Leadership on overall definition of a product team’s vision and roadmap and how it coordinates with the larger technology roadmap for the business.
- Analyze support issues to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Document and report trends regularly to the business team and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of site product areas. Review the competitive marketplace and make adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Consider business objectives and blue chips when developing product roadmap.
- Lead regular evolution of business web project and product management process improvements.
- Manage to metrics for continued optimization and report out to project leadership.
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to perform pre/post launch analysis of each product, and drive team financial accountability for results.
III. Issue Triage and Resolution (10%)
- Ensure site is operational and meets service level agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor systems, communicate performance against SLAs and manage all product issues.
- Triage and respond to ecommerce systems inquiries.
- Identify, replicate and document issue details.
- Prioritize issues and inquiries. Manage internal escalation and resolution of issues.
- Manage ticketing process including prioritization and clear documentation.
- Track and monitor issues; provide regular reporting / analysis.
- Partner with IT, Content Management and Business stakeholders to troubleshoot issues.
- Analyze issue for root cause and categorize (bug, enhancement or user error).
- Identify, communicate and document fixes and workarounds.
- Ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
IV. Issue Prevention (10%)
- Provide recommendations to business team based on customer feedback and known issue areas.
- Based on known problem areas, provide specific feedback and recommendations to improve functionality.
- Development and transition of web project to steady-state teams.
- Partner with business team to document and ensure that online help resources are current and relevant.
- Build knowledgebase for common product questions and issues (FAQs).
- Fluency in web technologies (i.e. HTML, data flow models, etc.), ecommerce platforms, and the B2C landscape.
- Practical knowledge of product management practices including roadmap development, concept validation, requirements definition, and feature prioritization.
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate teams, bring groups to consensus, and inspire enthusiasm towards the goals of the team, especially within a highly collaborative matrix environment.
- Keen attention to detail and good judgment for when something is “customer-ready”.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation abilities.
- Ad hoc statistics/data analysis with an ability to visualize customer behavior through metrics.
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, and a strong desire to succeed.
- An eye for detail, strong analytical skills and a passion to innovate.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work cross functionally and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business or development purposes.
- Bachelors Degree required in a related field.
- 8+ years professional experience in direct retail, e-commerce, or consulting environment.
- 5+ years in team management role displaying experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing associates as they work.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Proven record of successful business accomplishments relatable to Digital and/or Omni-Channel Product Management.
- Occasional travel between Ohio and New York.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.