COED.com is looking for a smart and passionate pop culture junkie to join the COED Media Group team to help tell our readers what is happening in the world of entertainment, comics, movies, and music today. If you're always up on the latest entertainment topics that guys love, we want you to join our team!
An ideal candidate will have a passion for pop culture, the ability to work closely with editorial teams in a fast-paced environment and is eager to help the team create the most interesting, surprising, highest-quality stories out there.
- Writing 5-10 trending entertainment news stories a week as well as occasional longer features
- Working with editors on content ideas, calendar, and coverage
- Work with social team to market content
- Editorial research and curation
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, newsroom-style environment
- Experience with Wordpress and social media platforms
- Basic photo editing skills and HTML knowledge preferred
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the capability to both collaborate with a team and work independently
Benefits & Perks
- Exposure: Get eyeballs on your work and broadcast yourself to the world
- Voice: The chance to write about topics you care about in your own voice
- Experience: Learn about digital media, editorial best practices, SEO, newsgathering, and more!
- Audience: We reach millions of visitors worldwide
- Self-Promotion: Posts will include bylines to help you promote your blog, website, etc
- Perks: Covering and attending entertainment events.
12-15 hours per week
We offer college credit with this internship position.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship