*Local Candidates Only - Orange County, CA*
Position Requirement Overview:
As a Build/Release Engineer, you will work with Product Management, Software Engineers and QA to ensure our products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. This requires scripting and coding with an eye toward scalability as we are pushing updates and iterating on all of our products. We are looking for an individual interested in improving development experience to ensure the release process is followed as set forth by the business.
- Release Coordination: Support and coordinate software releases for the UAT & Production environments. Determine the readiness of each release, including setting up go / no go meetings, running through the release checklist, ensuring the environment is properly setup for the release, & making sure the release has all required approvals. Report progress, constraints, issues, risks, and associated resolutions.
- Deployments & Tools: Responsible for the management of the release automation and tools, including assisting with configuration of artifacts, scripts, & templates. Perform deployment of the releases into the UAT & Production environments. Work closely with Development to ensure build processes & deployment packages are fully functional in all environments.
- Environment Management: Ensure environment parity exists across the environments based on the SDLC. Work with the appropriate teams to resolve out of sync environment issues and make sure an environment is setup & configured properly for a release.
- Reporting & Analysis: Acquire and analyze quality metrics such as deployment errors to formulate improvement strategies into the deployment & release processes. Provide release metrics and trend reporting to identify areas of improvement. Work with the Management team to execute and monitor improvement strategies across all facets of release management. Provide weekly reports to management relating to deployments, projects, & release work.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management
- BA/BS Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems such as Puppet, GIT, VSTS, JIRA
- Experience in administration and usage of continuous integration and build tools and scripts such as Ant, Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
- Must have VSTS experience
- Experience with scripting languages Groovy, PowerShell, cmd and shell
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Designing build and deployment architecture supporting the needs of complex web applications
- Knowledge of Release tools such as Team City, Octopus, & Containerization technologies
SeneGence Position Requirement - Business Justification
In support of the 2018 initiatives and to support the expansion of Technology team, this role is needed to be the gatekeeper of final software releases to the distributor community.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years
- Release Engineering: 3 years
- Configuration Management: 3 years