Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time Coordinator of Student Programming and Engagement to work in Campus Activities & Operations. This position reports to the Director of Student Leadership and Engagement, and will be responsible for programmatic engagement efforts for the department. The coordinator will serve as the primary advisor for Macalester College Program Board, develop and implement an outdoor pre-orientation program, plan and manage annual Senior Week events, and collaborate within the department and across campus on programs and events for Macalester college students.
- Serve as primary advisor to the Macalester College Student Government’s Program Board made up of 14 students. Advising to encompass one on one support, group training, resources, event support, budget management of approximately $120,000 per year, and assistance in the management of administrative logistics. Program Board signature events include Welcome Week, Winter Ball, Springfest, and at least one program per week during the academic year.
- Coordinate the implementation of a broad array of programming for Campus Activities & Operations and in collaboration with campus partners.
- Plan and implement annual Senior Week in collaboration with student-led committee, consisting of eight on and off-campus events, serving the graduating class of approximately 500 students each year.
- Advise Lectures Coordination Board, made up of five students charged with bringing two major speakers to campus each academic year and manage a budget of $50,000 per academic year.
- Develop, design, and implement delivery strategies of student learning and development
- Facilitate planning and implementation of outdoor Pre-Orientation program Macward Bound, serving approximately 75 new students each year.
- Hire, train, and supervise Macward Bound Leader staff of 16 students.
- Supervise one graduate assistant and three student employees.
- Assist in department efforts and projects, including but not limited to: late night and weekend programmatic efforts, large-scale campus events, New Student Orientation, and campus committee involvement.
- Manage and serve as primary administrator of departmental social media, website, and email.
- Promote learning through student involvement guided by student learning outcomes and assess the effectiveness of these strategies in fostering transformative learning experiences.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives and in support of other Student Affairs departments.
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Student Affairs, or related field is required
- Knowledge of student learning and development
- Success in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, adapting quickly to changing priorities, creative problem solving, and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively, multi-task, and work well independently and collaboratively
- Ability to learn and utilize basic office computing software
- Experience advising student programming board
- Experience with large-scale programming
- Experience with outdoor leadership programming
- Experience working with and for diverse student populations
For best consideration please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF document through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than Friday, June 29, 2018.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US upon employment start date.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.