User Experience Designer
Kollabio, a growing boutique technology consulting firm that provides Digital Transformation solutions and services to the Commercial Agencies and the Federal Government, is seeking an creative, collaborative, and empathetic User Experience Designer to work across a variety of Kollabio projects. Ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about designing web / mobile experiences users love and perform efficiently in a fast-paced Agile team setting.
The ideal candidate will play a fundamental role in our product development process as our first-ever UX/UI hire. In this role, you will work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and business stakeholders to build high-performing and user-centric products designed to aid digital transformation of private and public sector organizations.
- Design clear, intuitive, and delightful experiences for external and internal users across a set of web-based products
- Apply a visual design system (e.g. Atomic design system) to design, develop and deploy prototypes, as needed
- Collaborate with product managers, business stakeholders and technologists to understand and act upon key business requirements
- Conduct thoughtful, resource-efficient user research to uncover usability problems or validate designs
- Translate ideas into user flows, journey maps, empathy maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Participate in the product development process from definition through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Work closely with engineering, product, and business teams to stay on Sprint schedule
- Stay abreast of UX trends and source creative ideas and inspiration from parallel analogous worlds
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of UX/UI experience in an Agile development environment within a fast-paced, startup, or high-growth company
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end UX/UI lifecycle, responsive web and mobile application design, and wireframe development
- Strong proficiency in using whiteboarding, sketching on pencil and paper, using post-it notes, wireframes, or other forms of low-fidelity design to validate assumptions and communicate with stakeholders
- Deep experience with developing user journeys and personas and using them to make effective design decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency with prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD, etc.
- A love of teamwork and great communication, demonstrated by meaningful experience collaborating directly with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders
- Excellent eye and visual taste, including a passion for simplicity and a clean, crisp aesthetic
- A diverse web and mobile portfolio that showcases your style, proficiency, and approach to problem-solving
- The ability to work independently and proactively but with accountability to multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- An understanding of how to balance your extreme attention to detail with the need to work efficiently, be adaptable, and meet deadlines
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced Agile development environment (2 week Sprints)
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience or familiarity with front end development frameworks such as Vue.js, etc.
- Experience with Agile ALM tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with creating Design Systems using techniques such as Atomic design
- Experience with applying Design Thinking and related techniques to experience design
Interested candidates must provide a resume that includes a link to an online portfolio of their work.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
No staffing firms and third party agencies please !
About Kollabio, Inc.
We are Kollabio. We are a digital transformation firm that provides products, solutions and services that help Federal Government and commercial organizations create best-in-class experiences for their users. Founded with a vision of becoming a new breed of consulting partner, we offer full-stack digital expertise to help traditional organizations re-invent business models, reimagine customer experiences, optimize business operations and deliver technology initiatives faster through digital. Our solutions include Digital Strategy, Experience Design, Cloud, Agile, DevOps and Intelligent Automation (IoT + Artificial Intelligence).
Kollabio, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
For more information please visit:
Job Type: Full-time
- User Experience Design: 4 years (Required)
- Can you provide a portfolio of your previous work?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused