Altmed AZ is one of Arizona’s premier medical cannabis companies. We operate a cultivation/manufacturing facility that produces a multitude of products that are supplied or our retail operation as well as wholesaled to other licensed medical cannabis companies. As part of the accounting team, you will be part of an exciting transformation of our organization. We are currently undergoing implementation of new accounting, inventory control, and compliance software which will allow our organization to become more effective in understanding the gross margins of our extensive product line sku by sku. During the transition you will be able to roll up your sleeves to ensure the essential accounting functions are performed, while also working to build what the future our accounting team looks like.
As the Sr. Cost Accountant, you will develop and implement procedures that will accurately report the costs of production for each of our products. This position will be responsible for ensuring proper reporting of production costs and gross margins of multiple products. This role will prepare and report weekly, monthly and quarterly results for sales team, and management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor; analyzes data obtained and records results.
- Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more cost accounting systems.
- Prepares journal entries, accruals, and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Collects data, allocates costs and prepares reports on labor, assembly or other operating expenses ensuring established procedures are followed.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyzes all manufacturing variances ensuring that impacts to the general ledger are booked correctly.
- Performs analysis and prepares special reports.
- Acts as liaison to auditors for the annual audit and for all inventory concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Experience in month end close process adhering to established deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office Applications including Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University in Accounting or equivalent field of study; and at least 5-8 years work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 2 years
- Accounting: 2 years