- Lean Manufacturing
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
What You Need to Know About Us:
Visiontron, a family-owned, Hauppauge-based manufacturing company, is hiring for a Manufacturing/Quality Engineer. This position offers an exciting opportunity for those who would like to make a tangible difference in a hands-on role. During our over 50 years here on Long Island, we have become a leading manufacturer of consumer guidance products, and we’d love to add a person to our team who is looking to grow with us.
The primary responsibility will be to analyze and improve the production processes and quality standards with the Director of Manufacturing. Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of traditional metal fabrication and have the skillset required to review, analyze, and implement changes within the organization for improved efficiencies and quality.
What We're Looking For In You:
- 3-5 years in manufacturing environment with lean/six sigma experience
- knowledge and familiarity with traditional metal fabrication including manual lathes and mills, CNC, Plasma, TIG/MIG welding and sheet metal work.
- familiar with repetitive product, job-shop, and prototyping environments
- competencies in project management with good organizational and problem solving skills.
- understanding of best-in-industry practices such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Quality Management and Time Study Analysis.
- Familiarity of basic purchasing, warehouse, and inventory roles as they relate to production schedules and processes.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills in order to motivate production staff to embrace changes and ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- IE/ME degree
- Bilingual a plus
- Analyze and improve production and warehouse procedures to provide the most efficient and practical workflow
- Work with engineering to resolve manufacturing quality issues through root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Development of formal quality control program
- Assist with new product launch as it relates to product design and processes including Product Engineering, Job Routings, tooling, and operator training.
- Accomplish results by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Coach and counsel employees on a continuing basis and discipline as necessary
Why We're a Great Place to Work:
- 401k with company contributions
- Medical benefits
- Half-day Fridays (not just during the summer, all year long!)
Salary commensurate with ability.
Think we’re a perfect match? Please submit your salary requirements in your cover letter, along with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)