SHIFT LEAD - PIT BOSS!
JOB SUMMARY: Dickey's Barbecue Pit is the largest barbecue franchise and fastest growing, quick serve restaurant in the country. We are looking to add exciting team members to train and be part of our pit crew. The ideal candidate is a friendly, hard-working, and reliable person who enjoys working with food and engaging with new people. Our hours of operation are from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Previous experience within the restaurant industry preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities: Our Dickey’s Food Service Staff are dedicated to serving up fresh-made, delicious barbecue and other offerings for our hungry customers.
- Operates cash register & receives payment from customers in cash/credit.
- Customer service, greeting and assisting all customers
- Cut meat for customers
- Pantry / Block assist (setting up trays & taking sides)
- Some meat carving work
- Taking phone orders
- Assisting with catering orders
SHIFT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help lead the shift
- Assist Owner/Operator with scheduling
- Working with team members to assign duties and run a smooth operation,
- Handling guests questions and comments.
- Working with barbecue portions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 - $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All Pit Crew and Customers are Required to Wear a Mask.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Alexandria, VA 22315 (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place