Champions the HFM philosophy of Person Centered Care. Participates in the development of and implements all aspects of the resident service plan including purposeful lifestyle activities, planned and spontaneous activities, assistance with ADL and IDAL, and other programming and assistance as designated. Assists with operational needs as necessary to ensure quality of care and a safe living environment. Serves and provides assistance with meals including cleanup. In the absence of the Administrator, Nurse Manager, LPN or Med Tech serves as the Administrator Designee.
Essential Job Functions / Duties:
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and values of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth through behavior and attitude.
- Actively participates in developing a person-specific plan of care for each assigned resident.
- Actively participate in personal care assistance as developed in each resident’s service plan.
- Actively participates in monthly team meetings.
- Actively participates in shift report.
- Communicates with Nursing Manager, LPN, Activities Coordinators and the Superior to promote and ensure continuity in resident care.
- Completes all required and assigned.
- Prepares and serves food according to ACHD and resident service plan to meet dietary and social needs of resident.
- Performs basic clerical duties such as answering the phone and taking messages.
- Assists with the personal care of the residents in an organized and safe manner. Assistance includes, but is not limited to: bathing, dressing, transferring from bed to chair, walking, eating, toileting and grooming.
- Cares for residents’ personal devices including hearing aides, glasses, prosthetics, adaptive equipment, etc.
- Assists residents with transportation to activities and appointments within the facility and outside the facility if needed.
- Promptly answers call signals.
- Preserves the dignity and self-respect of residents.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident’s information at all times.
- Changes resident’s beds; launders resident’s personal laundry and linen; folds and returns laundry to proper resident. Empties linen cart and restocks laundry.
- Collects bedside water pitchers and runs through dishwasher.
- Wipes down care station counters.
- Provides light housekeeping.
- Assists with admission, transfer and discharge of residents to promote continuity of care.
- Serves as a mentor to newly hired staff.
- Performs additional tasks as directed by the Nursing Manager and/or Administrator.
Minimum Work Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 0-2 yrs experience as Nurse’s Aide.
- CNA preferred by not required.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances.
- Basic Computer Skills QuickMar experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time-management skills.
- Ability to read, write and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
- Ability to work in collaborative team and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Physically capable of standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, climbing, crouching, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling, and bending with or without reasonable accommodation for up to 75% of the time.
- Medium Work. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a routine basis.
- Ability to lift/assist residents into and out of beds, chairs, and the bathroom with or without assistance as required.
- Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
- Possible limited exposure to hazardous chemicals and blood borne pathogens.
- Ability to wear work uniform, latex gloves, and other PPE as required during working hours.
Compliance with all policies of the company including without limitation the CHFM Employee Handbook, CHFM Philosophy, Mission and Values, CHFM Code of Conduct, HIPAA Regulations, CHFM Policies & Procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $10.75 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)