Number of Employees Supervised: 8-10
Reports to: Production Manager
Purpose and Description: Position is responsible for estimating, sales, and managing field operations and staff to maximize client satisfaction and company profitability.
ESTIMATING + SALES*
- Prequalify leads by contacting prospective clients and evaluating if the project is a fit in terms of price, location, complexity, etc.
- Attend scheduled walkthroughs to collect information required to develop project pricing and design if applicable.
- Create project pricing estimates using provided tools (Service Titan and estimating spreadsheets) and knowledge of past projects.
- Submit estimates for work and follow up regularly on status.
- Coordinate with departments as needed to plan for future projects with multiple LS trades.
- For accepted proposals obtain a signed contract, complete the Sales Conversion Tracking Sheet, and provide the project documents to the Schedule Coordinator.
- Understand contract specifications to ensure full understanding of project requirements. Make sure all scope requirements are met to maintain customers’ complete satisfaction.
- Provide most recent plans and/or documents to Lead Technician at the start-up meeting for the project and provide instruction to ensure Lead Technician and crew are prepared to complete the job.
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed, within purchasing limits, based on scope and budget.
- Continuously update project plans/documents to eliminate errors in the field. Communicate updates in production meetings.
- Manage labor, permitting, equipment and material to accomplish production schedules within established budgets. This will be accomplished working directly with the Schedule Coordinator. Maintains strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Track budgets on projects with total estimated working hours greater than 160.
- Monitor job costs weekly and report in production meetings any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost or any other factor so appropriate adjustments can be made to maximize efficiency and profitability on projects with total projected working hours greater than 160.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis. Using the Project Scope checklist, look for variations that would trigger change orders. Observe organization of work, identify and resolve training issues, and take necessary actions to ensure quality. Compliance with all company policies and procedures should be confirmed.
- Maintain day-to-day working knowledge of all projects in progress, including field completion status, billings to-date, and progress payments.
- Proactively identify potential problems within production and find resolution to minimize damage/risk or possibly create unforeseen opportunity for gain. Discuss resolutions in production meetings.
- Meet daily with the Schedule Coordinator.
- Meet with Lead Technicians at project start-up (as needed) according to Start Up procedure. Produce Start Up meeting notes.
- Prepare for bi-weekly production meetings including a meeting agenda prior to discussion and produce meeting minutes.
- Prepare for an open job meeting with the Schedule Coordinator. Prepare a meeting agenda prior to discussion and produce meeting minutes.
- For projects over 160 hours complete a Close Out report.
- Meet weekly with Schedule Coordinator to review short term schedule (1 to 2 weeks out) and forecast schedule (2 weeks plus)
- Supervise employees, approve overtime, enforce dress code, and ensure safe equipment use.
- Manage field staff within division including: hiring, terminating, and training staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and division. Create a professional development plan for each technician and review annually. Identify and develop Lead Technicians.
- Maintain sufficient staff to accomplish open production schedules.
- Analyze future staff needs through job forecasting.
- Conduct timely performance reviews of field staff and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Create a training schedule maintained in Google calendar for technicians according to a professional development plan.
- Ensure all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines.
- Conduct periodic safety training and safety inspections on job-sites.
- Investigate any accident, site damage, or safety violation. Prepare appropriate reports and take action to correct and prevent future occurrences.
- Define and implement solutions to recurring mistakes or common hazards.
- Respond to customer complaints according to policy to ensure proper handling and achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
- Manage personal effectiveness (competency, trust, communication, etc.) to maximize sales opportunities and development of customer relationships.
- Prepare field staff to respond to after hours calls as part of the on call rotation. Serve as backup for all service calls and act as last resort to respond to emergency calls.
- Coordinate the use of labor, equipment, materials and other resources as needed.
- Maintain proper inventory of materials, equipment and other supplies in the shop and vehicles to complete production activities.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, and office according to the shop cleaning schedule.
- Make recommendations regarding qualifying or disqualifying warranty work.
- Coordinate completion of warranty work per contract and/or instructions.
- Stay aware of new products/technology and industry best practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives with solid production knowledge or service. Identify opportunities for enhancements or upgrades.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire top tier performance
- Ability to build effective work teams
- Self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Results and action oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task activities
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Customer centered and focused
- Focus on learning and self-development
- Technically competent and skilled
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Trade license and/or 5-10 years directly relevant experience.
- Three years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience in business management, including basic accounting skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired).
- Current driver’s license.
Extraordinary Work Conditions
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling; including evening or weekend hours as needed.
- Machinery related to the plumbing and HVAC fields, and the supporting vehicles
- Other equipment as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We are following state and local guidance with respect to COVID-19 protocols.
- Project management: 5 years (Required)
- Plumbing License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road