Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures:
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions
- Briefs and other legal documents
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files; performs simple legal research
- Indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery)
- Indexes, tracks, and controls exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
- Prepares exhibit cross-references.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria. Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
- May have a role involving special knowledge and skills, such as litigation, document analysis or accounting.
- Litigation specialty supports attorneys during trial, including courtroom locations.
- Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Requires Paralegal Certificate and 2 years of experience in the required specialty, such as litigation, document analysis, or accounting. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted for the Paralegal Certificate.
- For litigation specialty experience in trial support, cite checking legal motions and memoranda, and automated litigation support is required.
- Must have and use excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Requires experience with SharePoint.
- Requires thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw, Concordance or Recommind; experience documenting Table of Authorities, and Table of Contents.
- Role also requires knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs, and Adobe Professional, or newer program, to include redacting and redlining expertise.
- In addition, must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- SharePoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Legal Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement