Major and established global company has a newly created opportunity for a Production Area Manager in the east suburban Atlanta, GA metropolitan area that is in an assembly plant . There are major company benefits and a bonus potential to 12% that could go higher.
Interested in a rewarding career that is changing the commercial power industry? Are you a driver of change with a solid knowledge in Lean Manufacturing? Are you a leader with a winning attitude that loves challenges?
Be a part of the fastest growing segment of their business ! Play a key role in our growth and success in this exciting and dynamic space. Have an impact!
Directs the activities of Production Supervisors, Group Leads, and other Lead positions to maximize production volume, maintain schedules, ensure safe operation of all machines and equipment, and optimize cost and quality.
1. Monitors and determines manufacturing costs and outlay, quality and quantity of goods produced, production methods, tooling applications, and ensures the effective use of production hours, skills, machines, equipment and facilities
2. Participates in planning production schedules, technical requirements and manufacturing controls related to all manufacturing operations
3. Expedites scheduled production, investigates and resolves delays and initiates corrective action.
4. Coordinates operations-related programs such as manufacturing methods, cost reduction initiatives, continuous improvement activities, preventive and regular maintenance, training, staffing, safety and housekeeping
5. Measure company KPI’s and ensure that scorecards are maintained
5. Administers company rules, regulations and policies
6. Participates in the budgeting process, monitors and reports on manufacturing performance as it relates to budgetary guidelines
7. Participates in the selection and acquisition of capital equipment for the production area
8. Performs full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing and quality principles and familiarity with labor-intensive machining, manufacturing KPI’s, fabrication and assembly operations; may require knowledge of warehouse management
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to manage a diverse group of employees in a manufacturing environment
- Positively collaborate with all teams and supervisors
- Working knowledge of manufacturing management programs
- Working knowledge of employee relations issues and/or collective bargaining agreements in both union and non-union environments
- Demonstrated superior verbal and interpersonal communications skills in order to motivate and manage a diverse group of individuals in a variety of positions. Ensuring that a positive morale is being fostered.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with programs such as Google, SAP, Microsoft Suite, etc.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- SAP experience preferred
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
- Bachelor's degree in Production Management, Business Administration or related field or equivalent education and experience required
Important keys to fit this role:
- Minimum of seven years of manufacturing experience in assembly and / or machining operations environments
Excellent Manufacturing IQ
Strong Quality System knowledge (functional & Adherence)
5S, TPM, KPI's
Strong Continuous Improvement
People person, Must still be able to drive accountability