At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Architect Senior within PNC's Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The goal of Enterprise Architecture (EA) is to drive transparency into the technologies and standards we use at PNC. To do that we need to build intelligent solutions and also automate manual processes we currently manage.
PNC’s Enterprise Architecture (EA) team is looking for a senior/principal cloud native software engineer to join our engineering team. We are seeking an expert in cloud native technologies to help create an engineering foundation in EA as we embrace modern cloud native technologies.
PNC EA is making a shift in how EA functions at PNC, and investing in creating a team of engineers that have in depth working experience in cloud native technologies and modern architecture designs. Our mission is having hands on experience with industry changing technology ahead the organization to help guide and influence.
What You’ll Do
- You'll design, build, and operate distributed multi-tenant SaaS applications in the cloud.
- You'll be part of multi-functional development teams with exposure to deep platform architecture.
- You'll research, define and drive native cloud architecture, as well as influence deployment and operations standards for the team.
- You’ll build relationships with teams across the company to collaborate on shared technology.
- You'll be a technical leader and mentor to other members of the team.
What You Need To Succeed
- Experience building a high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency runtime service in AWS or Azure using cloud native technologies – microservices, containers (e.g. Docker), orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), IT automation (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation), CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker).
- Experience with caching and NoSQL datastores such as Cassandra, Aerospike, memcache, redis.
- Expertise with multiple programming languages such as Java, Scala, C++.
- Real passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills and direct experience with DevOps in a SaaS environment including monitoring, alerting and distributed tracing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degrees in computer and information science/engineering disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of software systems.
- Experience with event driven architectures
Leads in the overall design of cross-functional, multi-platform, and Web-based application systems; oversees all application system processes.
Develops application architecture and blueprints aimed at reflecting enterprise business logic.
Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Directs mapping activities on specific technology platforms.
Provides technical guidance to application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities.
Conducts reviews, and analyses organizational needs and goals to develop and implement applications.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Architecture – Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Platform Architecture – Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies – Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.