Directs, supervises, evaluates and provides physical therapy services according to accepted standards of treatment to patients.
Education – Graduate of Physical Therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association or its equivalent.
Experience – At least (1) year experience practicing physical therapy in a hospital or Home Health setting preferred.
Certification – Must have current Registered Physical Therapist license from the state of Tennessee
- Competitive Pay Rates
- 22-25% AT&T and Verizon Cell Phone Discount
- Affordable Medical Insurance
- Dental, and Vision Insurance Offered as well as supplemental plans
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- Opportunity for CEU Reimbursement
- 401K offered
- Conducts Physical Therapy comprehensive assessment to determine the patient’s level of function in areas including gross mobility, physical status, ambulation, muscle strength and tone, casting/splinting and joint range of motion. These assessments are made upon admission and further recommendations made as necessary.
- Establishes and carries out individualized treatment plans upon completion of comprehensive assessment phase.
- Participates in patient care conferences and family conferences as scheduled through the Program Supervisor
- Completes all necessary paperwork within the timeframes as outlined in the Policy and Procedure handbook, as well as Medicare guidelines/regulations. This includes the filing of paperwork into the patient’s medical records in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates professional interactions with patient, family members and other staff (team) members.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants, Technicians, Physical Therapy students, and volunteers in direct and indirect patient care. May assist with performance evaluations. Will supervise personnel to insure that the treatments established and outlined in the Physical Therapy evaluation are be completed appropriately.
- Provides input and assists in implementation of program development on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in and documents internal and external professional and educational activities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Performs public relations activities as directed by the Rehab Supervisor.
- Follows all regulations pertaining to the State Practice Acts and follows the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Participates in facility inservice training as appropriate.
- Maintains professional license and other credentials as required (TB test, Physical)
- Will strive to meet productivity standards of 80% in the SNF setting and if unable to do so will notify Rehab Manager and/or Regional Director of Rehab immediately. Please note that full time status does not guarantee a set amount of hours.
- Will have basic computer skills to access our patient charts and document accordingly.
- Employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Knowledge and Ability:
Must have a working knowledge of theory and treatment techniques of the practice of Physical Therapy in general. Must be able to develop, implement, and alter treatment programs based on the results of the evaluation and patient’s response to treatment. Must be able to keep accurate records and prepare clear, meaningful reports. Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, family, and other team members. Must be able to supervise others in direct and indirect patient care.
Can reach, grasp and manipulate objects, intermittently sit/stand, support, lift and/or transfer patients and carry equipment and supplies (076.121-014 DOT). Medium Strength level required.
Rehab America is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- Practicing Physical Therapy in a hospital or Home Health: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Physical Therapist (Required)