The general purpose of this position is to ensure that the quality and safety of products meet company, customer, and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Develops, implements, and maintains Quality Management Systems and HACCP Programs.
- Lead company’s effort to maintain BRC certification
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant manager to maximize product reliability.
- Prepares organization for FDA, military, and third-party audits and maintains inspection reports and records.
- Develops, maintains, and provides training materials per the Training Program for production personnel.
- Leads the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan as outlined in the BRC system.
- Investigates and determines cause of faulty work and consult and advise production supervisors as to corrective measures.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates performance of QA Technicians responsible for daily testing of raw materials, in-process, and finished products to ensure that company, customer, kosher, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develops and/or adapts inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
Minimum 5 years recent experience as a Quality Assurance manager in a seafood and/or meat processing facility
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control: 6 years (Required)