The Associate Project Manager is responsible for supervising and developing a team of Assistant Project Managers by leading creative photo production on our e-Commerce website: overseeing the photo production schedule, management of workflow benchmarks and enhancements, and ensuring compliance on deadlines from all parties. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Key liaison and support for Manager, Project Management.
- Manage the development of digital assets from start to finish through seamless communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams (digital merchants, copy, photography, creative, imaging, site operations).
- Develop timelines and schedules for digital workflows.
- Proactively recommend and advocate for solutions to enhance efficiency of processes.
- Ensure visuals are compliant to site standards.
- Understand and manage the financial dependency of product and scheduling on the creative budget; make recommendations accordingly.
- Oversee FOB style count management and timely reporting.
- Keep all teams informed of project status and proactively communicate any challenges that put a project at risk; approach all challenges in a timely manner while identifying obstacles prior to team members being impacted.
- Actively participate in all meetings and make contributions that would positively impact the Project Management team.
- Work collaboratively across all teams.
- Manage and develop individual team members and drives for success.
- Establish full awareness of all projects delegated within their team responsibility.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience within project management, preferably in retail, advertising or marketing industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and aptitude to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive and tenacious work ethic.
Gets Our Business
- Understands and can speak to how our businesses are performing in an ongoing basis.
- Understand how we define success; understands the underlying business metrics.
- Understand the implications of their role in the process and contributes appropriate and meaningful input.
- Drives for the best result possible.
- Customer centric and productivity focused.
Achieve and Innovate
- Models behavior of high personal expectations.
- Optimistic and solution oriented; confident.
- Maintains focus on business goals and organizational objectives; able to flex to changing conditions while remaining faithful to goals.
- Able to coach others to understand priorities and requirements.
- Proactively embraces new ideas and initiatives, accepts feedback, non-defensive.
- Openly and constructively participates in discussions especially as it relates to conflict resolution.
- Drives for the success of the team.
- Has influence up, down and across the organization.
- Communication and posture is aligned with company and leadership goals.
- Increasing focus on team’s skills and contributions.
Develop Our Talent
- Self-aware; appreciates others contributions.
- Understands that it is all about the people. Actively supports and coaches less senior team members.
- Provides timely and appropriate feedback (up, down and across the organization).
- Able to recognize others for their accomplishments.
- Values and encourages feedback.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.