Title: AWS Architect
Location: Herndon, VA
Duration: 12+ Months
Candidate should work on our W2
Proven expertise in mitigating and understanding threat vectors including actor behavior, DDoS, Phishing, Malicious, Payload, Cloud, Mobile Devices, etc. Understand the cyber threat landscape.
Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across multiple technology stack.
Ability to champion both conventional and non-conventional methods to protecting an enterprise at scale.
Strong knowledge in host based security solutions such as HIPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), end point protection, and application whitelisting.
- Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, virtualization, authentication, cryptography.
- Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack.
Working experience with IPS, DLP, Firewalls, SIEM, and security assessment tools/methodology (network, systems, and application).
- Must have solid knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (Unix, Windows, etc.)
- Architecture and solution design experience required to develop infrastructure based detailed design specifications.
- Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services a plus Message driven architecture experience/exposure
- Expert in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- AWS Cloud Services experience; solution delivery expertise, migration of applications to the cloud, automation through various tools both AWS native and third-party. Serves as a leader in the AWS space for InfoSec interfacing with internal customers and other parts of InfoSec.
Core Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible)
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Implement a tools driven and highly automated approach to deliver our key security management processes by exploiting investment in existing tooling and / or identify new tooling.
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Experience in an environment using agile methodology
- Experience not with just pure design, but experience in the actual delivery of projects
- Process analysis and systematic thinking
- Ability to manage resources, coordinate and administer team assignments, monitor team progress, and maintainschedules
- Ability to manage large, cross-divisional Program activities in a complex environment and drive results
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- Knowledge and/or experience relating to Outsourcing/Managed Service Provider governance, transition, contract management and performance management
- Experience driving organizational change
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
- Experience in applying best practices related to Stakeholder Management
- Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
- Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
- Prior experience in financial services a plus
- Prior experience working with Perl, Bash, Python, XML, REST API, and JSON desired
- IT Security certifications required: CISSP or GIAC equivalent
- AWS certifications desired: AWS Solution Architect
- 5+ years of hands on experience in AWS Space
Job Type: Contract
- AWS: 10 years
- UNIX and LINUX: 8 years