WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sales Account Executive
1212 S Flower St Suite 100
Los Angeles, California, 90015
Evaluate the market, find suitable opportunities, call on the opportunities and develop work for the company.
How you will impact WestRock
- Evaluates the market place and identify new business opportunities.
- Responds to Requests for Proposal and submit to customers. Obtains new orders for current customers. Coordinates with Plant Management correct pricing and production schedules.
- Places orders through Correspondents and verify accuracy. Follows-up with open items and order changes.
- Maintains a healthy relationship with existing customers to promote continued business.
- Supervises and monitors the activities of Sales Correspondent or Sales Assistant.
- Hires, trains, mentors, disciplines and terminates direct staff.
- Serves as liaison between customer and finance on credit issues.
- Maintains confidential data including but not limited to: customer proposals, contracts, pricing structures and promotional items.
- Communicates with management regarding account issues and provide solutions.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance, Marketing or Communications preferred
Minimum 5 years’ experience in comparable field.
Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
Ability to stay on top of the latest Market changes that impact the selected accounts.
Excellent interpersonal skills - The ability to handle difficult customers and maintain a positive professional outlook. The ability to influence customers and others in the organization to obtain desired production results.
Excellent Communication Skills - Possess command of the English language, and preferably a second language, both verbally and written form. The ability to communicate ideas in a concise and direct manner.
Excellent Organization Skills -The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment without losing sight of long and short term company goals. Being able to prioritize the daily and weekly tasks of staff and self to maximize customer satisfaction.
Attention to detail - Stay on top of customer needs and requirements. Be proficient in the steps to prepare, submit and close “Requests for Proposals”.
Ability to deal with moderate stress levels from the pressure of deadlines and daily dealings with demanding customers and production managers.
Ability to travel and work overtime.
Must be reliable and dependable
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence. Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities. An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential. A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.