- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Certified Management Accountant
- Lean Manufacturing
AMETEK is a performance driven company. The key to success in this position is to effectively partner with the Business Unit leadership and his/her staff to ensure orders, revenue, profit and working capital goals are consistently met. In support of this goal, this individual must be a strong finance leader who can effectively perform financial planning and analysis, assist in cost accounting functions as required and ensure all necessary financial controls are in place and followed. Key elements include a hands-on approach, leadership and overall business acumen. Experience in aviation MRO or a manufacturing finance environment is required. Prior experience in a public entity with a P & L of preferably $100M+ is desirable.
The North American Business Unit of Ametek MRO consists of three Business Groups made up of six businesses in eight locations in six cities. There are three Business Managers and three Controllers managing these businesses locally. The position will assist the Business Unit leadership in the direction and delivery of results and improved performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Business Unit Manager and his/her staff to deliver results.
- Directs preparation of annual budget. Assists in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and leads the month end closing, monthly and rolling quarterly forecast and reporting consolidation process. Owns the books of record for the MRO North American Business.
- Proactively evaluates the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
- Completes financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, ROI, Make/Buy, Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities and capital investments.
- Provides oversight on general accounting, cost accounting, AR/AP and compliance.
- Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger maintained at each operating business.
- Evaluates results of operations, trends, etc. and recommends courses of action and policy changes beneficial to the operation.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
- Maintains effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Aggressively drives improvements in Working Capital.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of GAAP and Cost Accounting.
- Ensures revenue recognition compliance.
- Monitors accounting policy and procedures ensuring a sound internal control environment in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and compliance with GAAP.
Three business controllers located in our Miami, FL, Tulsa, OK and Baldwin Park, CA facilities
- 5+ years in manufacturing/MRO environment
- Strong background in GAAP, SEC Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance as well as Manufacturing Finance.
- 2-3 years’ experience at a public accounting firm a plus
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- CPA/CMA preferred
- MBA preferred
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed, work independently, and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
- Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines in a timely manner with accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion Enterprise and updated ERP systems (e.g. Quantum experience a plus)
- Looking for an individual who wants to grow with a successful company and who would consider relocation in the future
- Travel: ~30% (Domestic)
- This position would ideally be based at one of our facilities in Miami, Florida, Tulsa, Oklahoma or Baldwin Park, California